Thursday, October 16, 2014

Beading Knits-Part 1


I have become interested in beaded knits and have noticed the trend on the runways of brands like Balenciaga and Marc Jacobs.  For certain brands, like Oscar de la Renta, beaded and embroidered knits are a staple from season to season. However, recently the runways seem to be overflowing with more experimental beaded knits.


I went to Bergdorf Goodman today to see some of these knits in person. One of my favorites was the Marc Jacobs sweater that I tried on (pictured). The sequins were transparent and they were piled up to create opacity in a gradient style.


I will be shopping for more beaded knits in my wardrobe. Great design is made by contrasting styles and materials.  The formality of beading combined with the casual feel of a knit is exciting and intriguing.

-Nadia

No comments:

Post a Comment